Pulteney Bridge Reflections


Related Images

UK - Somerset - Bath Pulteney Bridge, Bath Wirrabara. The evocative and brilliant silo art of Sam Bates.  Depicts the red capped robin of the Wirrabara state forests and a forester with his axe and a robin on his shoulder. . Wirrabara. Details of the beautiful silo art by Sam Bates of Melbourne.  The forester and the red capped robin. There were extensive forests beyond the town. Wirrabara. This steam engine was taken to the Wirrabara Forests in 1882. They were established 1877. The engine drove a circualr saw used for cutting railway sleepers in the 1880s. There were two saw mills at WIrrabara Wirrabara. Stained glass window in the Wirrabara Catholic Church. Pulteney Bridge and Weir Wirrabara. The eastern side of the Catholic Church. Built from 1930 and consecrated 1934. Wirrabara silo art. The pretty red capped robin contrasting with the muted colours of the Wirrabara forests. Artist Sam Bates of Melbourne. Wirrabara. Silo art on the silos that once stood beside the railway station. Artist was Sam Bates alias Smug of Melbourne. Wirrabara. Memorial windows in stained glass for Richard Cummins and Caroline Peacock in the WIrrabara Catholic Church. Buillt in 1931. Wirrabara. Beautiful stained glass window in the Wirrabara Catholic Church. Wirrabara. The 1884 Institute closed 1912 and became a furniture store. Consecrated as an Anglican Church 1964 with the 1908 foundation stone from the first demolished Anglican church. The Bath Jacuzzi! Wirrabara. The old SAR South Australian Railways station sign. The railway reached here in 1910. Beyond a railway ganger's maintenance car. Wirrabara. The 1884 Institute closed  1912. It was vacant and then a furniture shop for decades. In 1964 it was converted into an Anglican Church. The 1908 foundation stone was used from an earlier Anglican church . Wirrabara. Beautiful stained glass window in the Catholic Church for Amie Raftern. From the 1930s. Wirrabara. The  Hotel. Built in local stone in 1875. Wirrabara. Side view of the Wirrabara Hotel built and licensed in 1875. Beautiful Bath


License: Creative Commons - Attribution-Share Alike
Author: Jocelyn Erskine-Kellie
Description:


Credit:

Select Image Size
Square 75X75 View Download
Large Square 150X150 View Download
Thumbnail 100X70 View Download
Small 240X168 View Download
Small 320 320X224 View Download
Small 400 400X280 View Download
Medium 500X350 View Download
Medium 640 640X448 View Download
Medium 800 800X560 View Download
Large 1024X717 View Download
Large 1600 1600X1120 View Download
Large 2048 2048X1433 View Download
X-Large 3K 3072X2150 View Download
X-Large 4K 4096X2867 View Download
X-Large 5K 5120X3584 View Download
Original 5469X3828 View Download