HMAS Adelaide


Related Images

HMAS Australia painted by Charles Edward Dixon, 1913 USS John S. McCain (DDG 56) conducts flight operations. Taylor Kitsch Whyalla. Boats in the marina and the new orund jetty beyond. Whyalla. View of the steel works and the former shipbuilding works from Hummock Hill. Whyalla. One of the old BHP galvanised iron houses used by its workers. Built in Gay Street around 1910 to 1914. Now in the Mt Laura Homestead National Trust Museum. Whyalla. The Whyalla Hotel built of local red iron stone in 1933. It was extended in 1940 and is now an apartment hotel. Whyalla. The shady veranda of the stone section of Mount Laura homestead. The rear section was built in 1910 and this front section in 1922. Whyalla. Mount Laura homestead. This sheep station was established in the 19th century. This angle shows the  galvanised iron section which was built in 1910. These stone front rooms were added in 1922.. HMAS Brisbane III nearly there Hamilton Wharf-2= Whyalla. The Royal Australian Navy frigate the Whyalla was built here in 1941 by BHP. It is now part of the Whyalla Maritime Museum. Entrance to the museum is beneath the Whyalla. Whyalla. Lutine House built as office chambers probably for lawyers in the 1930s. Constructed of local red iron stone. Classical style pillasters and great symmetry. Whyalla. Viewing point of the city's new round yetty. Whyalla. looking across the circle of the new rond Whyalla jetty. It is illuminated with coloured lights and night. Whyalla. In the Maritime Museum is this photograph of a colourful giant cuttlefish which live and mate off the shores of Whyalla in Spencers Gulf. An internationally recognised  diver's dream world. Glossop in the Riverland. The town was established in 1921 and the school opened around that time. One of the old 1940s wooden classrooms at the state school. Whyalla. Mount Laura homestead. This sheep station was established in the 19th century. The galvanised iron section was built in 1910. These stone front rooms were added in 1922.. HMAS Ballarat (FFH 155) steams alongside USS Nimitz (CVN 68) as an F/A-18F Super Hornet launches from Nimitz. Glossop irrigation area and town near Berri. Established in 1921 and named after Vice Admiral J Glossop who commanded the HMAS Sydney at the Battle of Cocos Islands in 1914 against the Germans. U.S. Navy, Japanese and Australian ships steam into formation during a trilateral exercise in the Philippine Sea.


License: Creative Commons - Attribution-No Derivatives
Author: Leonard J Matthews
Description:
The Amphibious Assault Ship, HMAS Adelaide leaving Brisbane as she steams through Moreton Bay. The Canberra Class Amphibious Assault Ship (LHD), also known as a Landing Helicopter Dock, project provides the Australian Defence Force with air-land-sea amphibious deployment. These 27,000 tonne ships will be able to land a force of over 1,000 personnel by helicopter and water craft, along with all their weapons, ammunition, vehicles and stores.

Credit:

Select Image Size
Square 75X75 View Download
Large Square 150X150 View Download
Thumbnail 100X53 View Download
Small 240X127 View Download
Small 320 320X169 View Download
Small 400 400X212 View Download
Medium 500X265 View Download
Medium 640 640X339 View Download
Medium 800 800X424 View Download
Large 1024X542 View Download
Large 1600 1600X847 View Download
Large 2048 2048X1085 View Download
Original 5055X2677 View Download